Door Handles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob chaw

Reaction score
Hello All...

I've been having door issues with my 2001 ST..

It's OK i know my baby is getting a little older and i use her everyday..

but My Drivers Door : the unlock part of it barely works electronically or by key it does work by pulling the handle on the inside no problem. So i took it apart and found that inside on the back of the handle the recoil spring (i guess it'd be called) is broken seems the only way to fix it is by taking off the whole assambly and replacing with a new one.. I hope not.. Anyone out there know ??

[Broken External Image]:

a closer chot of the spring where it is broken

[Broken External Image]:

Then my rear passenger door inerrior broke off again...

I know i need to replace the whole assembt on that one. I did that before...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

thanks for you rhelp guys..

rob

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I've seen some "alternate" repairs to help out the failed spring but it's really not that difficult to replace the door handle and do it right. You WILL have to have a 1/4" rivet gun though.

Cool..........apparently 1AAuto sells aftermarket handles that have bolts made into them to enable you to replace them without rivets! And luckily for you, they come black!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob,

I'm having the exact same issue with my drivers side outside handle. Let me know how you fix this, Cause we have the same year ST and your help will be much appreciated

joycie- after seeing the viseo that Steve M posted i checked it out.. and just ordered one from them hopefully i'll hav it before the weekend and on by the weekend..

i can do that all myself... not to hard..

rob

Rob,

Let me know how the color looks..My ST is black as well. If the new handle matched well, I will pick one up as well.

I sure will.. I forgot about that part.. I'm gonna have to see what its gonna cost to get it done.. darn it.. and i realy don't want a cheap job done on it either...

my color is a rare one nowadays: Deep Wedgewood Blue...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmQKI2s6njo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmQKI2s6njo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>