don't like 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once told that every man has a little vagina and every woman has a small penis....meaning, fundamentally, we aren't that different, just with differently developed outter parts to our sexual organs....but that's a WHOLE OTHER STORY! ;)

Besides, it's not ENVY alone that's the issue. Often ts the seeming need to compensate for and the irrational need to justify one's perferences and choices by TOTALLY crapping on those of others that I see on these boards, of late, and it drives me kinda nuts.

We can't be happy with ones choices or agree to disagree...we have to turn it into a whole peeing contest of patriotism, nationalism, protectionism, quality, power,...etc....all of which fail to take into account the reality is that:

a) it's all about opinions and preferences

b) it's the other guys money so let's not assume we can tell him or her with any real level of authorty how they SHOULD spend it.

Later,

P.S. I sat in an 07 on the local dealers lot. NICE and TIGHT interior (air-tight I mean), and it looks slick and modern (others may say cheap..okay). Do I want one? Yeah...but I wouldn't take one without the power rear window, because for me, that's something I really enjoy and I in my '04.

TJR

I said years ago that the only reason I would get another ST over my 01 was if they came out with an SVT Sport Trac. Ford almost had me, then they killed it, so now, no 07 for me.

The SVT concept had something sexy about it in an ugly way, the same thing that got me about the 01. Not just the 390HP/TQ, but the red, the lines, the body kit, shaved handles, hood vents, the drop, even the ugly rims on the 07 looked better on the SVT, the matte black grille, the black headlights.

ac376518591fa0b9af939c5f54e82ee6.jpg
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two old cliches' that come to mind on this subject, that should make the point, and cancel

each other out:

"Familiarity Breeds Contempt", and

"The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side"!

Bill-E, it's called "Penis Envy" (Freud).

My Daddy had some good observations about people in general, and I will share two of them with you now, (please bear with me)...

1. There are some people in this world that are not happy unless they are making the people around them unhappy.

2. You line three people up in a row. Give them each a million dollars. If you have them lined

up correctly, based on personalities, for this example, you will hear from each of the three

people the following:

1: Thank You, Soooo Much!

2: Thank You, Soooo Much!

3: Why did you give me my million dollars the last ?...You must have something against me!

You must like those other two people better than me! What did I ever do to you to ...

Blah Blah Blah, etc...

See the point?

Anyone ever read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"?

And speaking of Astronomy, did any of you know that Venus ( the woman's planet, in this

reference) is the only planet in our solar system that rotates backwards?

Just learned that little fact on the Science Channel the other night!

That explains it all!

:blink:

I just got my 07 sport trac about a month ago. I owned a 96 mustang prior to this. I'm still getting used to the height. I love the ride, It's my first new car, so I won't be taking it offroad for a few years. I was disapointed that the rear window does not roll down. I laugh at the option packages. The convience package for instance. I like the keypad on the door, it comes in handy, but you also have to take the auto dimming rearview mirror. My ST comes with tinted rear window, so why do I need the special rearview mirror?

I don't think this site will turn in a new/old style partisan group. I personally don't really like the '07 for various reasons, but not enough to "hate" it. It's an evolution, not everyone belives in evolution. In three years when most of the 01-05 STs are gone and the "new" 07 is the norm, we all may have different stories to tell.

I love my 03, but can I just have the rear bumper and tailgate from the 07? Wonder if it would fit. It's wider though huh? And maybe I could take a torch to the bedliner and make that cool little cubby hole I've been trying to get in the bed. If I could mix and match (hint to all aftermarket guys), I'd probably have a hybrid.

We all ooh'ed and ahh'ed when we saw one the other day. Then we questioned whether it was supposed to be a ST or a frontier. :huh:

Latest posts