Dont know what is worse...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley Mc

Reaction score
:blink:

I quit smoking when I ordered my ST 2 1/2 weeks ago...both are driving me bats! It is taking entirely too long for the nic cravings to go away and for the ST to get here!:angry:

Aw well, when it is delivered, it will be the end of winter and the beginning of a new driving season!:D

Congrats on quitting smoking! Really. I quit ~20 years ago and I'm soooo glad. You'll get past the cravings, just don't give in. :cool:

congrats on the no smoking. I was hoping to Quit also. Texas raised the tax by $1 a pack on 1/1/07. Like a dummy, I went to the store that has always given me the best deal. I bought 4 cartons last week. I sometimes smoke 2 1/2 packs aday. I honestly hate smoking, but I love nicotine and caffiene....:lol:

Damn Eddie I hate to say it but that just sounds bad. 2 1/2 packs a day! Damn son just asking to die! I suggest instead of buying 4 cartons buying 4 things of that nicotine gum. Not judging or dissing on smoking. Just dont want to see a member lost over it. 3 people in my family have been victims to the things. Uncle just died a couple weeks ago from lung cancer. Smoked since he was 12-48.

Ben..I dont feel you Dissed me. Iam 56 and I have lost uncles and aunts to cancer, by this age. My dad smoked until he was in his 40's. He is 80 now. He would probably not be here now, if he had not quit. I have tried the gum and patches. My body seems to extremly crave the nicotine from the real thing. Maybe I need to try some of the prescription treatments or to be locked in a rehab for awhile. Rehab got me off of drugs and alcohol 19 yrs ago.

Believe me, I appreciate you caring..:D

Congrats to all the quitters! (wow that sounds goofy):D

I am trying to be in that group, but wow is it hard. Even using the patch, munching on raw veggies, chewing loads of gum and gnawing pens and pen caps just dont seem to help. People who have never had that addiction just dont understand how bad it really is.

I quit smoking about 4 years ago after smoking for 13 years. I played with the thought of quitting for 2 years. Finally I made up my mind that I was gonna quit and I did, cold turkey:wacko:. Alot of it has to do with addiction to nicotine but I believe the most difficult is the mental portion. Once someone really wants to quit, they can. Stay focused and the days will go by and eventually you'll be noticing how much extra cash you have.;)

I plan on quiting next month i already feel sorry for the people that work for me lol but i need to do it for my daughter

My Dad is confined to a wheel chair to get around because of smoking for 40+ years. He also has to use a breath machine to clean out his lungs six times a day. My mom finally quit 10 years ago after smoking since she was 20. X-rays showed spots on her lungs so she finally gave it up.

I don't care if one smokes or not it's your choice. But what does piss me off is the smoker that throws the cig out the window or puts it out on the ground and leaves it there.

Cold turkey here, cravings don't ever go away, just don't do it. Take your mind off of it when you get a craving. The mental part is the hardest part.

$8 a pack didn't hurt either.

Please Quit if you can,I watched my Dad die from lung cancer(took 6 weeks),last 2 didn't even know who I was,morphene was his only relief!!

Oh yea, send pic,s of new Trac when you can.

I quit dipping 2 weeks ago and the cravings are pretty tough

Cory, I quit in 97 after dipping for 18 years. Hang tough. It's a nasty habit and there is more nicotine in it than smokes. (from what i have heard)

Now for the bad part. I quit for 5 years. Went back to sea duty and had guys around me doing it all the time and I could smell it. I saw the display every day in the store. One day, without really thinking I bought another can, and it was to late. Hooked again. Just like a crack ho'

I use the Copenhagen pouches now.... I can put one in and keep it there 4 or 5 hours, so I am not getting any nicotine out of for 90 pct of the time, it's just in the brain.

Maybe I'll try again..... someday.

I hope you can kick it Cruz. I watched the father of a friend of die of cancer...started in his lip and cheek. He was a dipper all his life. He went out looking like Skeletor with all the skin he lost and had removed.

Latest posts