Don't know how to fix this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim L

Reaction score
While rotating tires today, on the front driver side I noticed something that does not look good. I believe I am missing some sort of bolt that is connecting the front sway bar to the front driver side tire assembly? I really have not noticed any driving issues since the last time I believe the bolt or whatever was still there. It has driven rough for sometime so I am used to it.

Any advice on how to fix this, part#s, proper names, is this something a semi-skilled home DIY guy could do? Also, I presume that an alignment would be a good idea after it is fixed?

Thanks in advance , Tim

[Broken External Image]:

It's the sway bar end links, common problem. Real easy fix and no allignment needed after repaired. You can go to any Parts Store and get them. I knw there's atleast one project on this subject in the Projects section. Takes usually about 30 minutes to do the job with a jack and a couple of wrenches, don't even need to take the tires off.

:banana:

Replace them with Moog sway bar end links, p/n K7275. No alignment is necessary. You can do it in your driveway or garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you scroll down the page and look at Kegger's post titled "moog end links" there's the parts #'s and info you need in that post.

:banana:

Thank you for the info. I will be on my garage floor changing out both sides as soon as I get the parts.

This site is GREAT!

:smile0006:

I JUST did mine today. I got mine from NAPA. Cost me a total of 38 bucks + tax CDN. PITA to install...good thing I had my dad around to help. I just hope I put them in right (tight enough or not too loose)

I'll be doing it tomorrow--I've taken the stock ones off time and time again...they're starting to fall apart from it all.

Woulda done it tonight, but Advanced Auto decided to close at 8 instead of ten, so no Moogs for me :(

Yet another fun time of loosening 4 bolts that hold in bar, removing endlinks with a 15 box wrench on top and a "16" socket on bottom, stacking the bushings and brass tube and then putting it all back together.

KL, I find it easier to assemle the end links by. bolt downward. Nut on the bottom. Even though the instructions show nut on top. It doesnt matter. They still function properly. Just tighten the assembly to the proper crush on the poly bushings.

If you them from Autozone, they will come in a box in a bag with the Moog number on the bag, at a fraction of the Moog price.

Just ask for them at the counter. Duralast brand.

Tom

Tim- Just an FYI. The Moog "Problem Solver" front sway bar end link kit is K7275.

Should be readily available at almost any auto parts store for under $20 pr. Two kits are needed.

The Moog K80085 kit is for the rear, both sides. The front end link upgrade is still considered the best "bang for the buck"suspension mod, to date.

I am going to go with the Moog upgrade and the bolt downward suggestion.

Thanks to all for your quick responses. This saves yet another trip to $$$ auto repair shop.

You almost could charge for membership on this site? It would be worth it! :banana:

I agree with this site saving tons of money but ixnay on the membership fees!!! We're all here for each other, like a family.:smile0017::smile0006::smile0008::smile0012::smile0007:

The 15 minutes spent putting these guys on, including remounting the sway bar itself, is probably the best 15 minutes of work you can do on the ST. This is even easier than the Throttle Body install!

Far more handling improvement than I expected. Seriously, all the people who preach about the endlinks were dead right. If you haven't done it yet, do it and you won't be disappointed.

Now to get the front bar on there :D

KL, why do you remove the swaybar when you replace the endlinks? I just remove both endlinks at first put the new ones in loose and tighten them done once both are in and lined up. Just different ways of doing it I guess. :banana:

I already had the stock sway bar off when I started the project because I was trying to get the Addco on, without drilling the holes bigger, something I do not recommend ;)

Soes I got to cruise the town without a front sway bar at all

:smile0006:

Oh ok, didn't know you upgraded bars. That would explain it.:smile0006: I take it you got the addco on now? How's it handle compared to stock?