Don't Buy Into the Gas Consiracy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62394

Reaction score
I found this to be an interesting article. It was in yesterday's Detroit Free Press. This is for all of you who think that President Bush and the oil companies are manipulating gas prices.

Rodger,

The only control these other contries have is the amount of oil they pump, but that if they reduce the oil output, they are hurting all the other countries not just the US. So yes they have some control, but no one country has enough control to impact the rest of the world or more specificly the US.

That does not mean that we should not be concerned about our addiction to oil and our dependacy on imported oil, especially countries with unstable or shaky governments. I personally feel we need to stop importing oil from Venezula ASAP, rather than the middle east.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I don't care to hold either Bush or the oil industry responsible for the skyrocketing fuel prices or their subsequent decline. Seems to me like our government leaders continue to play this game of "it's not my/our fault" for everything they fail to address.

I'm looking for leaders who look to solve the problems, in a constructive way, when they arise, not just lay blame for them. That goes for oil, immigration, Iraq or anything else. In an election year we're gonna get enough of the blame game. If the oil companies can't provide stable fuel supplies, why not look for different means to ensure the American people and our economy don't take big hits.

D-

The only control these other contries have is the amount of oil they pump, but that if they reduce the oil output, they are hurting all the other countries not just the US. So yes they have some control, but no one country has enough control to impact the rest of the world or more specificly the US.

Is this not contradictory?

I guess the definition of idiot has been alterered from the traditional Websters definition.

Here is the new definition from the unabridged MySportTrac dictionary.

Idiot: Any person I disagree with. A President I did not vote for. Anyone who disagrees with my view on domestic and foreign policy. Cops. Anyone who buys a foreign car because they are tired of domestic crap. Any person that attempts to use facts when presenting a reasonable argument.

In that case, Mr. Clinton was and remains an idiot, Johnson was a complete idiot, Carter was too stupid to be an idiot, Hillary does not qualify for an idiot because she is a b*tch instead.... Don't even get me started on James Polk and Milord Filmore.

Thank you for hours and hours of entertainment.

Already creeping back up in the Seattle area since OPEC decided to lower daily production. 2.49 was the cheapest and the same station went to 2.67 the other day. I drive by it everyday on the way to the office.

Yes, I agree. Gas prices will go back up after the election. I've heard predictions of $3.50 a gallon or higher by Memorial Day.

You know why they raise the gas prices so much? It is the same reason that dogs lick their balls: Because they can!

Latest posts