Does this look like it can be fixed?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James FreemanJr

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Small hole in the surrounding. Thinking of putting some super glue or gorilla glue on it and maybe patch it? Throughts?

Thanks.

PS. Not my sub friends 12" Alpine Type S.

Rubber cement or black gasket sealer

should be very easy to fix just make sure to give either enough time to cure completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue. I'll have to ask him tomorrow. I believe he said someone about a pellet gun? I don't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want something tough and flexible for the speaker surrounds. My choice would

be blue permatex sealer, the kind that remains flexible when cured. Done this trick before

(screwdriver, not pellet gun!), and it works great. Keeps the air pressure in the speaker,

and helps to prevent tearing at the damaged site! Allow to cure fully per package

directions, and "direct" your friend to point the pellet gun AWAY fron the "Trac, next

time!;)

The key is that when it cures, it is flexible. Too much movement for a solid product.

Permitex will do the job. They have a black permitex that is made, (resistant to oil, where the blue stuff is resistant to water and anti-freeze), if you use it, the color will match up pretty well...

Sorry it is a Type R not a Type S. I really don't know the difference myself. Told him about the Permitex and he told me to tell you "thanks for the help".