Does anyone have a Rampage Tail Light Bar?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Rich

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a tail light bar. Found this one by Rampage for $34.97 + $9.49 shipping. Wondering if anyone has this brand. Also it's $10 more for the bar with reverse lights, but in my experience LED's are not that bright, so I'm not sure if they would be worth the extra money/ splicing required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about that brand, but I have one of the Recon Line of Fire and Ice Bars that our sponsor, Zabteck sells. It's a good product. Here's one picture, and more are in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

My Recon bar has been on the Trac for about four years now with no problems whatsoever. Besides, if they were poor quality, I doubt Zabteck would be selling them.

I think the white reverse lights are more for show than for added visibility. At least that is what I was told by someone here when I asked that same question about a year ago. They look very sharp tho.

Do they mount on the angled plastic piece under the tailgate? It doesn't look there is enough room on the metal part of the bed??

I think the white reverse lights are more for show than for added visibility.

They're not that bright in so far as lighting up the area behind you to allow you to see better. However, they do light up enough to provide more visibility to those behind you to let them know you're backing up.

[Broken External Image]:

Do they mount on the angled plastic piece under the tailgate? It doesn't look there is enough room on the metal part of the bed??

I mounted mine on the lip of the bumper, using the project on this site as a guideline.

3f299bf1915f2d406cff8b3187a475ef.jpg

Project Link:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts