Does anybody realize.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
It would seem that with the demise of the Sport Trac and the Dakota pickup, only one vehicle remains that is similar to our beloved trucks? The Chevrolet Colorado! No midsize Japanese truck offers 4 full size doors and a V-8 motor. So is this what we are gonna have to look forward to in the future? 4WD, 5.3L, 300bhp, crew cab and a short 51" bed. $32,000. Then have to add $4000+ in options(dealer installed) to make it what the Trac comes standard with. Sorta like the seven signs of the appocolypse. The end is near. Bob :cry:

I checked out and seriously considered a 4x4 Canyon because I was having trouble finding a suitable 4x4 Sport Trac. Not much I like about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Can't ever get this URL working. (User education, it's me)

Google "Chevy Colorado Cars To Avoid." Found at least three articles.

(Most dangerous truck, least reliable, poorest resale value, etc.)

lol Jerry, i dont use the bed i have now haha

[Broken External Image]:

maybe something cool will happen like a rebirth of the f100

I think I remember seeing some prototype photo's of the F-100 too, that would be awesome. i haven't seen a Juke in person yet so I can't really judge it other than pictures and t.v.. Just looks kida small and not alot of room inside (I'm 6'6" so I kinda need room in my vehicles).

The 5.3L V8 is available in the 2LT(Z71 off road)/3LT(lowered) versions in both 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive. Only comes with a 4 speed auto. All the extras have to be bought and installed by the dealer or by yourself. (bed extender, bed rug, hard tonneau cover, ashtray-for loose change, floor mats and so on). They can't be ordered from the factory. Why? Dunno, thats what the website said. Plus thier website doesn't give you all the options/costs available, ie: interior colors, leather, various upgrade packages and mechanical enhancements. Bob

Aaaaaaggghhhhh!!!!! Government rationing has begun!

lol

[Broken External Image]:

very nice but small inside. if you over 5'8" your head is touching the roof in the back seats.

I'd even enjoy a new ST based on the new Explorer platform. Colorado/Canyon are probably the worst trucks on the road. I had a '95 Dakota 318 Magnum, short bed, st cab, 2wd, 3.92 gears, and it was a very fun truck in a straight line. I do not like the current gen Dakotas.

Latest posts