Do As I Say, Not As I....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I've always recommended Motorcraft or Autolite plugs to people. Almost 55k on the Trac and driving to FL in a few weeks so I figured I'd get new plugs. Wally-Mart doesn't carry them. Not gonna pay dealer price for Motorcraft. NAPA is out of Autolites but has NGK Iridium plugs. $6 each, probably the same or more than I'd have paid at the dealer parts counter.

Oooooh, iridium.....sounds exotic.

I anticipate 400 hp and 40 mpg. :grin:

I have noticed the same around here. Even folks at the counter ahead of me. They ask for AC or Champion. Bur the store is out, and they try to push exspensive custom plugs. Im wondering what the mark up is on these custom plugs.

Well that sucks, hopefully they'll start carrying the "proper" plugs again.

First places around me stopped carrying K&N parts (which kept me away from Pep Boys), then the 9145 light bulb was impossible to find...I won't be surprised if my parts places are also out of all but these expensive gimmick plugs.

6 bucks for a hunk of clay with a piece of metal stuck inside. :cry:

I am running the Autolite iridium xp plugs in my trac. I like them. I have a similar set in my Sho. I know that my Sho will eat copper core plugs in about 1k miles. These iridiums last a lot longer. Just my experience.

That's how they keep the '57 Chevys running in Cuba

Most recent pic I saw was a '53.....:bwahaha:

Some of the homemade parts were amazing.

My neighbor is Cuban and a very hard worker. He is my age, '61. He hates Castro with a passion. Short stories from him. He barely got his whole family out. He still has relatives there that are marked as disidents. He said, they have nonthing and get treated terrible.

Latest posts