DIY Front Brake job 4x2 how to?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Woohoo it's front brake/rotor change time after hearing some grinding yesterday when I was towing my work trailer. YIKES!!!

:banana: So, I searched and found a great DIY posting for front brakes here, however I understand that since the 4x2's front rotors include bearings and such, this is gonna be a bit more complicated then your routine brake job. Does anyone have instructions available from the service manual for this job quickly as I'm off the road until I get this fixed. This is for an 03 XLT by the way. Thanks SO much for anyone's help/suggestions/links/data!!!

Cheers,

Dimitri

you can go to the projects form i did mine years a go:worthless: do one side at at time and you have to pack the wheel beringon the roters and grease them:back2topic:if it is 2 wheel drive to get the roters off there is a bracket on it to let you now you have to tahe it off all off :eek:fftopic:i a ggood :worthless:

Do a search on YouTube for Ford Explorer Front Brake Job. You'll find video how-to's there. It's not too hard to do...Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts