Different things....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny Kearns 2

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, need help with a couple of noises. I hear a high pitch "squeal" I guess you could call it, when I am applying light pressure to brake pedal (like stop/go traffic kind of speed). This has been happening for some time. I've checked the rotors for any sign of abnormal wear - although not by removing the wheel - just by looking and feeling through spokes and behind.

Now the last couple of days, I hear like a metallic "moan" I guess you could call it - only when reversing. This is intermittent and seems to be more prevalent when backup on incline.

Lastly, just looking under for sign of fluid leaks etc, and I notice the section between transmission and universal joints is "wet" (although not dripping).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Benny

take a look at the brake pads and see how much of the pad is actually left- could be at the wear indicators letting you know its time to replace them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked your brake pads. You might have one on the inside that is metal on metal. Cant see it with the wheel on it.

If you have disc on the rear. Check the park brake shoes. Make sure they are releasing completely........

Latest posts