Did anyone see the Overhaulin of Chip Foose's pickup?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
I caught Overhaulin' last night on TLC and fell in love with the 50s pickup they rebuilt in secret for Chip Foose. The combination of the powder-coated frame, the 451 engine, the six-piston disc brakes, etc. made for a very cool truck. Chip cried like a baby when he realized it was his beloved truck (I would too, if I were in his place). I also liked the black flowmaster exhaust, but not very practical for a driving vehicle.

I was looking for a picture of it this morning, but all I get are hits for the 52 they rebuilt for someone else.

Anyone else catch this episode?

I watched it as well....stayed up too late to watch the ending. The truck looked great too. Not sure if you watch Overhaulin' but Chip seems to cry all the time on those shows. Maybe he is just very emotional?:unsure:

marc

TracNJack - I think a picture will surface, seeing that it was at SEMA, no need to go through all the work.

Marc - I watch overhaulin when I can (wife and kids permitting), but I have never seen Chip so choked up he couldn't speak. The common opinion from people that have met him is that he is a really down to earth guy. Those same people also are of the opinoin that he should stop removing the door handles from classics, but hey, when you are one of the top designers in the world, it's your call.:)

My son and I like the show, but my wife and daughter do not. Overall, I don't get to watch a whole lot of television, even though I have four television sets and a theater in my house.:(

The truck was painted black. No fancy pinstriping outside of the Foose-stamped tailgate.

I would LOVE to have my ST overhauled. I like it the way it is, but Foose is an awesome designer, and everything I've ever seen him work on comes out 1000 times cooler.

eledhel, from what I see on the shows, Chip, does seem extremely down to earth and overall a good person. Maybe I just cought a few reruns and noticed him crying (read, tearing up) when they present the cars. Not bashing the man, just wondering if anyone else noticed that at all.

marc

I have seen him get teary-eyed when the owner of the car gushes about the re-build, but he was outright crying when he saw it. I would probably do the same, but my father never held onto one vehicle long enough for it to become "a member of the family" as he described that truck. In fact, my father told me that he always wanted a "ragtop", so I gave him a convertible as thanks for helping my wife and I out when buying our first house. He kept it for less than a year before he sold it.

My Wife and Daughter KNOW THERE WILL BE NO DISNEY RERUNS BEING WATCHED ON TUESDAY NIGHTS . THIS IS BIG DADDYS NIGHT FOR OVERHULINE WE ALL WATCH AS A FAMILY . (sorry for screming i got excited ) The wife likes the pranks , my daughter likes the cars and the FOOSE wheels now when we are out driving ie: taking here to dance 4 days a week she checks the wheels for FOOSE logos, there is hope for hereyet .

long story short THIS IS THE BEST REALITY SHOW GOING !!!!!! got to go my eyes are starting to water up just thinking about this show. And I am out of kleenex . P.S Cris says it`s all about the LOVE.............

It was a very good episode. I'm kinda P.O.'d at TLC for changing the time slot. It is on at 7 and 8 p.m. on the West coast. I had the 9 pm slot on Tuesdays reserved for my viewing, I had to re-negotiate with my wife.

Latest posts