Detailing the Adrenalin...it's bigger than a Mustang!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam H

Reaction score
You know... The body lines just flow so nicely together with each other -- it really is an ease to wash, dry, clay-bar and wax. It's just that it's LARGE. More big than what I am used to with the ex-Fusion and Mach.

Doesn't help that it's like, Somalia-hot outside with swimming-pool humidity. I am seriously dripping sweat right here on the keyboard. Damn!

So far today I have washed and dried the truck. Cleaned and then polished the wheels. Clay-barred the truck. Applied "Vesco" Environmental Barrier w/ Teflon protectant to the hood, roof and tail-gate and removed and buffed. Now, I am going around with some regular wax/sealant for the entire truck.

All I have left is the passenger side and half of the rear bumper. Hell. This thing best look good tomorrow. Oh, by the way.

IT'S THUNDER STORMING OUTSIDE AND IS SUPPOSED TO RAIN FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!!!

I hate it when that happens.

Pictures to hopefully follow.

Here are a few quick nasty's from the results.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks awesome! Love those wheels and tires.

Didn't take long to get a set of those convex mirrors on. I have them on everything I drive. Even my two wheeler!

The Gen 2 Adrenalin is the best looking truck on the road, IMHO.

Loookin good... and i see you have the custom leather steering wheel wrap. I'm thinking about do the same thing but I was wondering how the sections where the steering wheel controls would turn out. The steering wheel spokes are a bit large. If possible, could you send me a few close up shots so I can see how you did yours? Thanks

Now that you have had practice it should be a breeze to do mine :lol::lol::lol:

Looks great man . . . . at least you have a garage to put yours in. . .:(

I had a garage to upt mine in but the wife took it over for her WRX! She gets off work earlier than I do. Everyday I come home her car is already in my garage! The deal was she got all executive power for the house if she left me my space in the garage.

Women!

Psycareyo -- A clay bar is a piece of...clay...that you rub over the paint to remove surface contaminants; like rail dust [from delivery in my case], tree sap, road grime, and just general junk. Easy to use, you spray quick detailer on paint, rub clay bar over paint while wet and then wipe off. Leaves your paint all nice and smooth like brand new.

I clay bar my ST about 2-3 times a year. If you want to see how much crap a clay bar removes, do 1/2 your hood, then run your hand across both halves. The first time I did this, I was amazed. They reall come in handy in the spring, removing a winter's worth of junk from the paint.

haha i did the same as traintrac!

i did half my hood, ran my hand across it and was like... wow...

so now i try to do it atleast 2x a year... esp right after winter since TN loves salt... :wacko:

Latest posts