Detaching arms from door latch?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can assist me with the following issue I'm running into...

My driver's door latch has gone bad on my '02. I have a new latch, ready to install. But I'm having difficulty getting the old one out. I can get it loose must fine by taking out the three screws-but I can't seem to get the arms from the door handles and the door unlock pull shaft detached. They have the yellow bushings holding their knob ends in place, and I haven't figured out how to undo them in such tight quarters. Is there a trick to them? Am I missing some other step in he process which would make it all easier? All I've done so far is remove the door panel and peeled back he water shield.

Thanks!!!

Bill

The window channel must be moved to gain access to open the yellow clip. (One bolt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, SWS--I'm pretty sure that will come in quite useful! However, I think we might be talking about different yellow pieces. I'm talking about the yellow grommets (or whatever they're call) visible in this picture of the new piece I'm trying to put in. How do I remove the various rods from them? They feel like they'll bend badly before they'll ever come out...

[Broken External Image]: