Destination AT's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 3

Reaction score
Hey foks,

I just bought out the lease on my 2007 trac and I must say I'm glad I kept it. The only issue is the Michelins which are worn down to 2/32's with 51000km's on them. I was looking at tires and have narrowed it down to either the Firestone destination at's or the bfg at's. I'm leaning towards the firestones in P265 60 R 18 as the BFG's are LT's with an E load range which seems a bit stiff for a SUV that will see pavement more often then not. Anyway does anyone have experience with the Firestone? My dealer is giving me an incredible deal on them so I'd like to have them installed when I take it in for a new oil pan gasket.

Yeah. I noticed some oil on the back of the pan when I changed oil last and the mechanic spotted it today so he ordered a new pan gasket. Unfortunately I think they have to either pull the motor or atleast lift it to change the gasket. Thank god for the powertrain warranty.

I've had the Destination ATs on my '01 ST for about a year. I like them a lot better than the Michelin LTXs I had before. The Michelins were just a little smoother, but the Firestones are <I>much</I> better in snow & ice. Like day & night.

I've had the firestones too. Got them from my dad who doesn't like firestone tires. Had them a little over a year and the only thing I noticed besides the good yesr round traction and wear is that I lost about 1-2mpg's w/them. Don't know right off hand what load rating they are.

Glad to hear that the Firestones are good in snow. I will need new tires for my '08 soon and I was looking at the Firestones. The OE Goodyears will be bald by 25k and were awful in snow even when new.