Decent Chevy Colorado Concept

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Not bad at all.

I'd consider adding this to the list of possible replacements for the Trac if it comes to fruition.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ck49zZTWdO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously though, thanks for posting.... Not too bad, in a mini-Avalanche kind of way...

What was that Chevy car that had had a truck bed? The modern one, that was a "roadster" combined with a truck? I see them every now and again, generally in yellow.

Anyhow, it looks like that & a ridgeline combined.

Gotta agree on the rear seat--it might as well not exist. I also don't like the concept tonneau cover being a fiberglass one way pivot. Not as convenient as the Ford stock dual-fold setup. IMO.

Maybe the silver color is just accenting the fugliness in my eyes. Not sure, but I can't consider it a replacement to the trac as one of the trac's main draws is the full-sized 4 real door cabin.

Isn't this just a larger extended cab ranger?

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the Ridgeline look from, it's not a unibody design the bed is seperate from the cab. All it is is a redesigned extend cab Colorado/S-10 with a Razorback fairing on the back of the cab and a hard tonneau cover. I kinda like the design of it but the ack seat looks to be only big enough for small kids. Chevy really screwed up when thye renamed the S-10 the Colorado, imo, they lost alot of loyal customers, me included with that moveand the serious redesign. Ever since the Trail Blazer came out I said that an S-10 would look sweet with that frontend and a couple years later they built it, go figure.

Do you all think this may be the motivation to get Ford to bring that "Wildtrak" p/u to the US? They are not making it available in Canada, Mexico, Central America, basically North America so we won't get it as of right now. Hmmmm, it could happen. Bob

Do you all think this may be the motivation to get Ford to bring that "Wildtrak" p/u to the US?

Probably not. Even if this Chevy concept sells like crazy and a large quantity of people are reported to have gone to Chevy as none of the Ford vehicles met their needs, I don't think Ford will bring in the Wildtrak. Maybe it's just pessimism, but this Chevy is basically an extended-cab ranger, which Ford has decided it no longer needs. The wildtrak is a 4-door crew cab truck IIRC, so sales of this Chevy would not necessarily mean sales that Ford could have had, if only the Wildtrak were in America.

BTW, shaun t it's pretty cruel to post this since you can actually get the wildtrak, right? :banana:

(Though I don't like the design one iota, these funky post-modern designs need to end. The ST was functional in looks & performance. Functionalism--it made Apple Computers trillions, surely it will work for Ford. I will go on record saying that if Ford gives us the Wildtrak with some uber EcoBoost engine that gives us more power than the ST with mpg never before seen in a truck, I would consider buying one, and take the fugly looks all the way to the bank with my gas savings.)

Edit: Jerry G, the name change of the S-10 combined with the funky 5 cylinder engine setup kept me far away from the Colorado. That, and its similarity to the Ford Ranger which was just too durn small and anemic for my needs. In a way I'm thankful for the name change, as it got me to the ST faster. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
KL,

Just trying to remind people how much ford is choking the chicken by not bringing us beautiful, SMALL trucks and only offering us F150s.

I will never, EVER need an F150, as much as I love them.

yeah, I really didn't like the idea of a 5 cylinder motor myself and alot of the design qualities of the Colorado turned me off as well. This concept I actually kinda like though moreso then the Colorado's design.