Daytime running lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
OK, 2010 Adrenalin, came from Canada. Has DRL's. How can I/do I disable them? Some stuff on the web says its a programming change to the computer. Others involve disconnecting a module and making a "jumper" with to fool the computer. Any help here?

I was in the same boat as you Bob. Unfortunately, it's controlled by the Can-Bus system and has to be disabled by the dealership. Not sure about your area, but locally to Seattle, the dealerships are a bit varied amongst their feedback. I have dealerships telling me it cannot be done, while another said it was a $120/hr job since they have to hook up their computer to it.

Call around and see which of your dealerships will do it...it can be done though, through Can-Bus programming.

I had DRL added at a local (Phoenix area) dealer. Love having them; I think it's kept a couple of people from pulling out in front of me and cutting me off or causing accidents. (Stupid that Ford wouldn't let you order it that way, since both US and Canadian STs were made at the same factory!)

Latest posts