Dashboard lighting - Tachometer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How difficult is it to replace the bulb for the lighting behind the tachometer? All of the lighting works well, but the tack is rather dark.

Personally, I found it to be rather a pain to get in to replace a burned out lamp. While it may not be as bad as it seems, I felt like I was taking the whole dash apart to get to those darn bulbs.

its alil bit of a pain, might as well just wait til couple more blow out and then go to work on it. i mean, u could jump in there, replace the one that is blown, and then a week or 2 later another 1 goes out.

well not sure if theres a thingy in the project section or not. but basically, gotta disconnect the battery first. remove 3 bolts in the center radio bezel, and then use a flat head screw driver to pop up the thingys still holding down the radio bezel and pull it off the dash along with the radio or disconnect it. then u got 3 screws in the steering column cover. taking off the steering column cover makes it easier to take off the cluster shroud. next, u got the 2 screws holding the e-brake release from the dash, and 2 more holding the hood release. then i believe u can just use a flat head screw driver to pop off the lower shroud near ur knees when driving. then u have a metal brace there thats beneath the knee shroud, and i think that had 8 bolts in it. next, u need to remove 3 bolts that r holding the the cluster shroud and then use the flat head to pop it off. and theres alil trick to gettin it over the steering wheel, but its not hard to figure out. then disconnect the head light switch and dimmer switch so they r out of the way. next ull need a star head to take out, i think 8 screws, to get the cluster off of the dash area. i dont remember what the part number is to the lights, but they r fairly easy to remove. just twist and pull. then, after u got ya self all good, have fun puttin it back together. Now, im basing my instructions off of a 95 ranger dash that i took apart, many of times, might be different to the sport trac, but i highly doubt it. so have fun with it..... anything i missed, im sure some1 will say.

There is a project for this that was written by a guy on here. I had him email it to me because it has not been placed in the projects folder. Do a search for this and you will see where he has posted his information.

james

i just told ya the steps into taking the dash apart to getting to the bulbs u wanted, thats all. funny thing is, this would be the third time some1 saying they cant understand my writing... i just dont understand, is every1 in english class

Latest posts