dash mounted ipad

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt DeFina

Reaction score
ok, so i know i may get some negative feedback for mounting my ipad to the dash, but i've always hated the tiny screens of the dedicated gps units. and as a bonus i get a car PC too..

Topomaps, Clinometer, my entire music library, videos, and all the messaging, email and internet (for the passenger ;) not to mention my books and magazines for when not in the car.

some pictures:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
While I wouldn't do that myself, I think you did a fine job and it looks really slick! Thanks for sharing the photos.

'07 ST:banana:

The best part is fact that it's a hybrid map (satellite and vector) and can zoom right in and actually see the detail for the off-road trails you're on, and which trail takes you where...

it's only for the longer trips, the mount is easily removed, with no affect to the dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. Now you should get a Kiwi Wifi OBDII connector and the Rev app. Adds a whole bunch of gages for your vehicle, along with diagnostics.

I don't have the OBDII connector, but I've downloaded the "lite"/free version of this app to my iPod Touch and explored it. Seems pretty cool. From the research I've done, it seems to get great reviews.

Yep, thanks for the info, i was looking at these apps, but hadn't seen the wifi connector yet :)

... next on the list.

Latest posts