dash lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sent mine in to be published as a project.. Still waiting for it to post. If you would like I have it in a word document I could email to you.

The right most bulb behind my gauges is out, if I purchase one of these indiglo gauges, will I ever have to worry about chaning bulbs out again? Also, if I don't remove the existing bulbs that work, will they shine through and distort the color?

I was thinking of buying these, <a href='http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-FORD-EXPLORER-ALL-MODEL-DARK-COLD-EL-GAUGES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43952QQitemZ8059311193QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW'>EL Gauges</a>

Anyone know why these wouldn't work on an 02 ST? TIA, appreciate any advice.

Mine don't shine through. The dimmer for the factory gauges and the aftermarket gauges are on different circuits, so my factory gauges are just bright enough to see the odometer and tranny position, and the aftermarket gauges are set where I like em. You won't have to replace or remove bulbs, unless the bulb that's burned out lights up the odometer or shift indicator. You should be good to go.

Tabjo, those should work just fine.

Jeff, I should be okay. The only lighting I need to be concerned about is the odometer, don't have a shift indicator for the manual transmission. Going to go ahead and get it.

Thanks Jeff!

If you want, change out the bulb for a hyper-white or blue bulb, so it will match the gauges. Would look sweet IMO. I plan to change mine sometime, I just don't have the time what with finals coming up and everything.

Sorry for the delay guys, was away from the computer for a couple days. Check your email. The project I sent is one I just wrote up for changing out the gauge faces, but covers everything you need step by step for the stock bulbs, as I changed them out at the same time!

Hopefully it will get posted soon in the projects section!

Derek