Dash lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Gardner

Reaction score
The lights in my dash on the 3 knobs where the heat/ac controls are located are not working. All of the other dash lights are working. Are these controls on a seperate fuse or is this a bulb behind the dash that needs to be replaced? I have a 2005 XLT.

Check to make sure everything is plugged in back behind it. Do the heat and a/c still work? Could be a simple thing (usually is). There are a couple bulbs back there, though. Let us know what you find out...

If you pull apart your dash to change the lights that are out, make sure you change them all. As it takes about 3 times as long to get to the bulbs as it does to swap em' out. I just put new Sylvania ultra bright bulbs in this past weekend. Wow, what a difference. I almost have to turn down the brightness. But worth the hassle as I had almost all of the lights out. And yes, make sure all the connections are put back as you'll kick yourself if you leave something unplugged. I just kept the lights on as I reconnected to make sure everything was kosher.

:banana:

How difficult is it to take apart the dash and are there any instructions posted on the correct way to do it? Is it possible that it is a fuse that is blown or is that out of the question since only three of the knobs do not have working lights?

Linked, but that is for the dash not the hvac controls, shouldn't be hard to swap light bulbs in there though either.

Latest posts