Dash Cam Installation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a dash cam with a wired rear camera on a '07 or later Trac? I'm fixing to and looking for wisdom.

Oldtimer

i have installed a few on different rides, as my 04 has both, depending on many factors on backup system,,are ya trying to add on audio system or a by itself, so easy if separate, get a wireless and simply add to reverse wire on back, look at 07 rear wire for tail light and it will show you. i have mine wired full time as i like seeing back there, dash cam is as simple as mounting on dash and plug in aux. and as far as wiring the reverse camera monitor you can mount in many locations but up by rear view mirror is my choice and run the wire to fuse box on a power feed for acc. the rear camera you can mount on lic plate frame. there are videos to watch i am sure but its pretty straight forward.

if you have not got one they are not vehicle specific unless your going to factory audio, even then it needs to have a video input and they did not put in cars more commonly until 2010 years. you can get, or could get for around a 100 ish, that was a few months back on one i did in a 2010 titan. They are so nice for parking and hooking up for towing.

Thank you both for the imput. I found a video on youtube installing on a 150 and I seemed to have all I needed to know on routing the wiring. Thanks again.

I have an aftermarket stereo that includes a backup camera. It really helps! Also, I have a dashcam on the windsheild and it has a rear facing camera that I mounted above the back window. While I hope I don't need it I know that if someone hits me from the rear I'll have some evidence. I use the radio's power lead to power the dashcam and, of course, the aftermarket stereo.

Latest posts