Dash 194 lights, 4 of 6 dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John D

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Anyone offer advice on the 192 blubs in the dashboard. The two on the right work, but the other four don't. I swapped all the bulbs (real 194s, not LEDs) and even moving things around I can only get the two right most bulbs to light up. Anyone offer up some advice on what to check like a pin in one of the three connecting wiring harnesses or something?

I figured myself out. I found a wiring diagram that seemed to show two banks of 3 for the 194 bulbs. So I took to my old school contact cleaner, isopropyl alcohol, q-tips and white gummy eraser to clean ALL the contacts. The ones on the bulb carries, the ones on the film that connect to the bulb carriers,, the ones on the film that connect to the plug in connectors and the pins on the actual connectors. After all that, they all work.:)

Good work!
Yep, renewing the InstrumentCluster & DashCenterPanel bulbs is a tedious job;
a good project for a lazy Saturday afternoon with a couple cold beers & a bit of patience.
Have to just take your time, carefully cleaning+tightening all the Bulb~Socket~FlexCircuit contact points.

Latest posts