Dallas National Meet update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Hi all. I realize I am overdue for publishing formal information about the upcoming meet. I apologize. My recent schedule and personal obligations have been challenging. I am working hard to focus on the meet and getting the details squared away.

I am working on the meet info web page and hope to have the preliminary version up by tomorrow.

To reaffirm some details:

Meet will be September 30th, October 1st, in the greater Dallas area. Friday activities (and preceeding days for early arrivers) will be centered around the Texas State Fairgrounds.

Saturday venue has yet to be determined, but will be within "convoy" range of the Dallas area. Same for a group hotel. Quite a few members have volunteered options, and I am investigating them and getting follow up info.

I also want to convey something I think is very important for ST owners as a group:

Ford is making an unprecedented effort on several fronts with this event. In addition to giving us some exclusive access to the 2007 Sport Trac model, they are also making an effort to focus the press on our group, as well as reach out to Sport Trac owners who don't know about us, to boost attendence and help the ST enthusiast movement grow. For the first time in the five years since this site was begun, I see a broad effort on Ford's part to support ST owners as an enthusiast group. I think you'll see it, too, if you attend the meet.

This is a very welcome development. This web site and it's members have pretty much carried the banner for Sport Trac enthusiasts since the vehicle was introduced, and I am pleased that Ford is recognizing the value and putting effort into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless something catestrophic comes up, count me in! This is my first Nat'l meet, and I think it's cool that Ford is putting in as much effort as you say. Thanks for the update, Rich.

Rich,

I won't be able to make it to the meet, but I have a suggestion for the Saturday event:

How about Southfork Ranch? It's only about 30 minutes from Dallas.

We plan on being there a couple of days early. We plan on taking several days to get there in order to see the sights along the way.

Looking at the Dallas Vacations & Tourism page on Yahoo, there does not seem to be a lot to do there. :huh: Does anyone know about surrounding area for thing to do & see? :)

edit:

And, Rich I bet when you started this site you had no idea that it would get this much attention. Thanks to you & everyone that makes this site great. :D:cool:

Roger,

There are tons of things to do in the DFW area, Fort Worth Stock Yards (ride the train up to Grapevine), Billy Bobs and etc. There is the whole Kennedy thing in Dallas (book depository). There is Southfork (Dallas TV show).

Trac N Tennessee

Other Things To Do in Dallas:

Mesquite Championship Rodeo - in Mesquite off of I-635 and Military Parkway. Friday & Saturday night inside the air conditioned Resistol Arena.

Lone Star Park - in Grand Prairie off of I-30 and Beltline. Even if the horses aren't racing, you can bet on simulcasts races. (Bonus: Grand Prairire Ford is right across the street)

Palace of Wax / Ripley's Believe It Or Not - in Gradn Pairie off of I-30 and Beltline

Six Flags Over Texas - in Arlington at I-30 and Texas 360. It will be open on Saturday and Sunday.

Ameriquest Field in Arlington - in Arlington (duh!). Come watch our Texas Rangers loose another game

Texas Stadium - in Irving at Texas 114 and Texas 183. The Cowboys won't be there but you can tour the stadium before the 'Boys move out (New stadium being built in Arlington, set to open in 2009)

Grapevine Mills Mall - in Grapevine (duh!) off of Texas 121 and Texas 26. North of DFW Airport and lots of stores

The Galleria - in Dallas at I-635 and the Tollway. Lots of expensive stores

Soutfork Ranch - in Parker, east of Plano off of Parker Road. Outside is cool, inside it's not the same house

The Fort Worth Stockyards - in Fort Worth at Main and Exchange Street. Lots of western themed stores, bars and a real cattle drive! Take the train to downtown Grapevine for more smalltown shopping. Stay there all night at Billy Bob's Texas.

Dealy Plaza - downtown Dallas at Houston and Main. See the Old Red Courthouse, the grassy knoll, the Texas Book Despository and every Kennedy artifact you can image.

Deep Ellum - downtwon Dallas at Malcom X and Ross. Lots of small rock & roll clubs mainly.

Cavanaugh Flight Museum - at Addison Airport. WWII planes on display

Nasher Sculpter Garden - downtown Dallas. See lots of expensive sculptures from around the world.

Dallas West End - downtown Dallas, behind the Texas Book Despository. Lots of restaurants mainly, a small collection of shops.

Pioneer Park - downtown Dallas by the convention center. If you've watched football, you've seen the bronze cowboys and cows in and around a small pond. Now see them in person and climb up on the cows for your own picture.

Still looking forward to the meet, but with current gas prices, seems like the person who spends the most on gas to get to the meet may be a potential door prize winner. Shortest route I'm looking at about 1350 miles.

I'm looking forward to coming, but not to the gas prices.

One of the things Alan mentioned was the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. I live in Dallas and am a museum volunteer. Most of the planes are in flying condition and are flown on a regular basis. See link. I would be glad to answer anyone's questions about the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Not going to make it...sorry...I will be in Denver from 9/21 to 9/27...then back to the grind! Don't kill me Bill (Phil) and Ed! Love you both!

Have fun all!

I will most likely be going, but unfortunately will be driving a non-ST. If you dont know, you can see why not if you look at the link.

BUt i still have the trophy for furthest traveled for last years event, i need to find it, but im sure i can bring it if i come. I want to be the one that gives it to its new owner tho =)

Tulsa Sport Trac

-CP

Ford is making an unprecedented effort on several fronts with this event. In addition to giving us some exclusive access to the 2007 Sport Trac model, they are also making an effort to focus the press on our group, as well as reach out to Sport Trac owners who don't know about us, to boost attendence and help the ST enthusiast movement grow. For the first time in the five years since this site was begun, I see a broad effort on Ford's part to support ST owners as an enthusiast group. I think you'll see it, too, if you attend the meet.

This is a HUGE deal! Wonderful that this site is going to get that kind of regcognition & exposure!

See you all in Dallas!

Latest posts