Dad trading 03ST for 07ST - X-plan?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
My dad came along to the Louisville meet and fell in love with the Orange Frost color that they had on a prototype 07ST, there. He decided to order one through his local dealer. He's getting the V8, 4x4, two tone charcoal interior, audiophile, power down back window and Dual Zone A/C. He's getting pretty excited. I'm happy that he finally let the moths out of his wallet and make this decision!

Is it possible to get an X-plan PIN for him? He has already worked out a deal with the dealership and will be trading in his 03ST with 30k miles, but thought he might be able to go in with the PIN and get a better deal at time of sale.

Yeah, that orange is nice. He will get a better deal, for sure with X-plan,,,,,I saved aboaut $1850 with my freind's invitation. But tell him to sell that ST outright, and I would bet he gets more for it than they are offering him on the trade. I got $9800 for a 98 Ranger 4x4 3L v6 and didn't ever expect that I would get it. It was clean, but the dealer I was trading with would only offer me $7300 for it,,,,,,,,so, go figure,,,,,,,,,,try the outright sell first, if you have the time,,,,,,,,just my 2 cents,,,,,,,,,good luck, and enjoy that new Trac,,,,,,,,,,Mark

Thanks, guys. He lives in a depressed area where people really don't have a lot of money so it would be hard for him to move his ST by himself. They gave him $16k for his ST as long as it's in the same condition when he trades up for the 07, which it will be. So, he's happy with that.

I should get a commission for everyone on here who buys an 07 who was at the meet! :D

Pat, you should get a commission from my purchase and I've never even met you! My wife and I were undecided on what color to get but when I saw your ST website the decision was made. Our ST will be just like yours (except for the 4x4), I even have my Pioneer AVIC-Z1 sitting here ready to be installed when my truck arrives. We're also getting the Chrome Package and Reverse Sensing option. I just got my August 21st build date and VIN number from my dealer on Tuesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
You git a VIN number already?? When did you order it?

I ordered mine on the 6th of July and the only thing I have is the order sheet that says Job #2 order - 07/31/06. I haven't heard anything else!!

Latest posts