Cup Holders?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn N

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I suspect my "new" '07 ST is missing one or more front cup holder inserts... see attached photo. One cup well has a hard black plastic disk at the bottom, the other has a hard white plastic rectangle. I haven't had a chance to check out any other Explorer interiors so I'm not quite sure what I should expect to find. Can anyone provide a photo, description, or part number of what might be missing? The cup wells are so large that the only thing they could reasonably hold right now is a Big Gulp. :grin:

The rear cup holders are similarly bare, but their smaller size seems more reasonable.

shawn.

[Broken External Image]:

That's just what I needed to see, thanks!

It looks like that black plastic disk in the front cup holder is standard and actually serves a purpose.

On another Explorer forum I discovered is that under the front cup-holder rubber insert is an access cover for the shifter mechanism. My 2007 owner's manual (p. 246) says that if the interlock malfunctions and you can't shift out of Park, you can pry open this cover with a screwdriver and manually push the interlock switch so you can drive to a garage for service. Good to keep in mind in case that ever happens, I guess. (And from the various forum postings on the subject it apparently happens more than you'd expect.)

I'm still looking for the rubber insert that fits in the bottom, so if anyone sees one at the salvage yard or whatever, please let me know!

shawn.

I think new ones would fit too 2010, they are a little more complete as a drop in vs just the bottom -

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: