Cruise Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOE WHITE 2

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to find out why the cruise control just stopped working?

It still has power.

When I turn it on and try to set the speed the light in the dash just blinks on then its off.

Any Help??

Joe

What year is your trac. some '01 to '03 have bad trip switches on the master cylinder.

BTW, would you happen to have been in 'NAM '71 to '72 with MACV SOG.

I was stationed there with a Joe White. The Joe I know lives in your area of California. We lost track of each other years ago

If so my email addy is in my profile.

Thanks, Eddie Stark

Joe -

Sounds like the speed control deactivation switch on the master cylinder. My '05 had the same symptoms - would not engage, but the light on instrument panel flashed briefly when the cruise control button was pressed. Part # 3L3Z-9F924-AB switch assembly fixed mine.

Hope this helps -

I had the same problem in my '04 and I changed the same swith listed above. Ford wants only $30 for the part, but over $150 for labor so near $200 to fix. So I bought it and fixed it myself. Fixed the problem.

Guys,

I just repalced the switch on my 2004 Sport Trac and that fixed the problem. I used part number is 3L3Z-9F924-AB. The part cost me about $10.00 plus shipping.

I used a 22MM deep socket and it took about 5 minutes to replace. Easy, easy, easy!

I've loaded pictures to my folder. Hope that helps someone else.

Doug in NC[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts