Cruise control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First verify the unit under the hood is pluged in. Also that the cable to the TB isnt broken. From there It may be a fuse. Or bad switches on the column. Or bad drop swicth on the end of the master cylinder.

Worst would be a wiring problem. Or the unit is bad.

I had the same issue on my Gen 1. I removed the pressure switch and applied very, very slight pedal pressure only enough to release a bit of fluid AND an air bubble. Re-installed the switch and it worked perfectly since.

Try that first.

I had to replace my brake pressure switch as well. Unplug connector and stick paperclip in both ends. If you have cruise you have a defective switch.

I had the same problem after a winter of not using the cruise very much. I was about to try a lot of the suggestions here, but it turned out to just be a dirty or maybe corroded switch. After a bunch of times pressing it, it started working fine again. Was still working ok when I sold it a year later.

I have had this problem for a while, and hadn't been on here in ages. I am so glad someone answered this along with the Amazon link. I was able to order the part and replaced it yesterday. Now my cruise is working again, just in time for a multi-hour trip this weekend. THANKS

Latest posts