Cruise Control Switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP Riley

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part # for the left side on -off switch for the cruise contol. I need to replace mine because of the $#% burnt out light!! Thanks guys.......Riley:cool:

I don't know that part # but did the right side of the steering wheel cruise control buttons ever light up, cause mine do not now.

I just took mine in last week to get my cruse fixed. Evertime I hit the botton it would just flash and not cut on. Not sure what they did but I believe it had a lot to do with what a lot of us are having problems with.

your gonna want to unhook your battery... then on the bach side of your steering wheel there is a cover covdering up a mounting screw/bolt. Remove that and then you should be able to get into it and remove the controls.... I havent attempted yet but thats what I have learned from asking before... I am slowly changing all my interior lights to blue led. Feel free to look in my library to see what I have done before. The cruise control switches are next on my list... maybe if I get to it and remember I'll do a project on it.

Dalllas

Don't do anything brash...

Mine stopped working for awhile, just smack the back of the pod lightly with your hand, makes mine work...

There is only one part #! I went to my local ford dealer and picked the part up. It is for both sides of the cruise control. They are harnessed together. About $60, don't have the part # handy. Do a search and you'll see how I explained how to remove and install it. Followed another tip here to get the general idea. The hard part was threading the harness thru the streering column. Bottom is tight!!

:cool:

$60 and all that work when you can solder in 2 l.e.d.s for $4 and pop them back in?? Is the switch not working at all, or just the light? Did you check to see that the wire connector is plugged into the CC Switch?