Cruise Control switch bulb

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyates

Reaction score
So after 8 years the bulbs in my cruise control switches in my '05 stopped working. I thought about replacing the entire switch but new ones run about $80 for the set on Ebay. I decided to dig a bit and find the bulbs that are used in the switches. I was able to find that Sylvania makes a replacement bulb. The part number is 2351MFX6. In the "projects" area on this web site there are instructions on removing the switches here: http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/Replacing_The_Steering_Wheel_Cruise_Switches.pdf

Only word of caution is to be careful taking the switch apart as there are plastic tabs that if you are not careful you can break. I found that slowly pulling the cover off allowed me to see the tabs and use a small flat-head screwdriver to release the tabs.

Just posting as an fyi, mainly to offer an alternative for finding the bulb. For me it was definitely worth the time to do this and replace the bulbs!