cruise control buttons

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heym Todd or anybody; I'm truing tochange the cruise control switches on my 05. my new switches came with a complete wiring harness. Do I* try to change it all?o, how do I get it out from behind thar bracket with "pull" marked on it or do I just pull the wires loose from the switches and replace?

<--- Projects (Todd Z)

Last edited by a moderator:
After trouble snakeing the new wires. The new wires were faulty. I had to snake the old wire back in. If you find the old harness locking tabs, try that first. You can drive without the air bag back on. If it works good. If not you may have to snake the new harness in. If you new harness is like mine. it was thicker and hard to get in place. So I would try leaving the old..

I had previously printed out your project instructions and had them handy. My problem came when removing the wires from the switches; they were extremely difficult. I got the job done, but bent a few of the wires so even though it now looks good, they won't work.

Doug,

I should have told you, what happened to me. Mine didnt' work either. I went under the hood and jumped out the switch on the master cylinder. Now it works. I dont know if it is related to my replacement switches or not.

My cruise was working before the new switches though. They were just crumbling. When I put the brake on while on cruise it still disconects. so I left it that way.

Post if you find yours does' the same...

I just noticed your a fellow texan.....:supercool:

If you haven't checked, here's the "deactivation" switch Eddie is referring to. It is safety recall and has caused fires even when parked. Telltale sign is leaking brake fluid on the switch.

http://www.phila.gov/fleet/Warranty%20Recalls/Recall%2009S09.pdf

Latest posts