Crazy Price for Vizio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
I have been looking at LED LCD flat screen TVs and the Vizio E601i-A3 in particular. Most retailers are currently selling this model for right around $1000. For example, Best Buy has it at $999.99 and Walmart is currently advertising it on their website for $998.00 with free in-store pickup and their price includes a tilting wall mount. Because I have a few bucks worth of Shop Your Way Rewards points at Sears I thought I would check their price. The price on their website is listed as $2997.00! That is triple what other retailers are asking for the same item! Even on Vizio's retail website it is currently selling for the same $999.99 as other stores and their regular price is only listed as $1429.99. I contacted Sears and their response was that a third party retailer is selling this particular TV through Sears' website and that Sears does not typically sell the Vizio brand in their retail stores. So much for their price matching BS. So far Wally World is in the lead...

if you buy a vizio,get an extended warranty, as the factory one sucks. my remote stopped working just out of warranty, and now I'm SOL...

Thanks for the advice everyone.

As we all know, there are lots of choices out there for flat screen TVs and the prices are amazingly low compared to just a few years ago.

As far as factory warranties are concerned, Costco doubles the one year Vizio warranty and every retailer has some sort of extended warranty plan they would love to sell you. I am not convinced that paying for an extended warranty is always a good idea. For example, the remote for this particular Vizio can be purchased new for less than $30. How does that compare to the price of an extended warranty? Just sayin'...

BTW, when I contacted Sears yesterday morning via email about the price on their website they referred me to the same price matching info that I had already read. But when I called their local store they said that because it was another retailer using the Sears website, the Sears price matching policy does not apply. Probably also has to do with this statement in their policy: "and the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area". The local store said they do not carry the Vizio brand. Whatever, their loss.

When I have gone to a store, that had many brands. Size for size, playing dvd's. The vizio had the worst pic, IMO.

Eddie, which model Vizio? The E series has only been available since about mid-year 2012.

The on-line reviews I have read on the E series have been pretty positive plus it has a lot of features and decent picture quality for the price. It is also possible to adjust the picture quality to suit your room lighting, etc. which is not something a retailer would probably do for a store display.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/vizio-e601i-a3/4505-6482_7-35477662-2.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372085,00.asp?obref=obnetwork

http://hometheaterreview.com/vizio-e601i-a3-60-inch-led-hdtv-reviewed/

Use a calibration test disc to optimize picture quality on any large flat panel.

Rather than spending $250 or more for an ISF tech, you can dial it in yourself.

Link below is one of many sites regarding "TV calibration", do a search:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know the series or much about vizio qaulity. I was speaking from what I have compared with my eyes, a few times. Vizio never looked as good as others in the same class, to me.

What you are looking at might be a good one. It has been at least a year since I shoped around. Please dont let me turn you.

Stores are known to manipulate TV settings to push higher profit panels.

Worst case was when customers used our remote and reset every TV of

the same brand to the factory default setting. Had to readjust each one. :angry:

The only way to shop Sears is with the price matching plus policy....wait till sears price is high.and the competition is low and wham..you get the low price plus 10% of the difference...

Here in New Jersey, you make a call, have cash ready, order a 70" Sharp led tv. The truck pulls up tomorrow and you pay $1999 with no questions asked. That's how I did it. I guess we're just lucky here....

Haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I don't really need a new TV as my old 200 lb tube type Sony is still working fine. Hoping the price on this Vizio drops a little more.

What amazes me is what people are bidding for these things on eBay. Some auctions state that they are "Open Box" units and some even have scratches and other defects. Most of them sell for only a few dollars less than you can buy a brand new model for at Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart and even the ones that are supposedly new do not come with a manufacturer's warranty if they are "Open Box" units. Crazy.

The price dropped by $100 a couple of days ago. I ordered from Amazon for $899, free shipping and 2% back in rewards points. I plan to mount it to the right of the fireplace in this pic.

[Broken External Image]:

I received the TV yesterday. No regrets so far. Amazon also dropped the price again to $888. I asked for and received an $11 refund due to Amazon's price adjustment policy. Cool.

Consumer Reports came yesterday with a great article on the latest TVs and prices. I couldn't believe how much they have dropped.

Said February and March are the test times to pick up a new TV the cheapest.

I still have the 32" Sony that I paid $2500 for. Last Fall, WalMart had pretty much the same Sony but 2" thinner for $369.

Latest posts