craigslist

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug brandin

Reaction score
How do you deal with craigslist? There is a 2003 sport Trac for sale locally. It has been listed repeatedly for the last three days, but when I respond to the ad (which goes to a craigslist address, I get no response. Help!

It's a scam of some sort... I assume this is the ad you're referring to? I've seen that exact same one posted all around Gainesville, Jacksonville, Ocala and several other cities in Florida for the past week or two. Just looking at the ad, I can tell it's a scam from the absolute lack of any details about the truck, contact info, or anything that would indicate that this person is honestly interested about getting their vehicle sold. I would definitely refrain from clicking on any links in any emails they may eventually respond with, and probably wouldn't even recommend replying to them at all. I've flagged the ad at least 10 or 12 times now in different cities (and the same city multiple times) and it always gets reposted by the next day, exactly the same as the first time. Some people should really get a life...:fire:

Yep, that's a scam, the same exact Trac is posted in Pittsburgh's CL for $2400. Just from the price and the fact that the background doesn't match Pittsburgh's neighborhoods I knew it was a scam.

If it sounds too good to be true....

That is the same one I've seen here in Maryland. Who ever the person is, they are multi-scaming or whatever. I've seen that Sport Trac, a dodge ram.

I've seen several of the same. Whenever they list the name like the one in the link.

Looks scammy....I searched all craigslist sites and it's listed all over the place. Probably an email harvester.

You guys are right as usual. She finally responded with the info that the truck was in a garage in Illinois and shipping was already paid for. It would be in front of my house in two days, I would have 5 days to look it over. If not satisfied, all funds would be returned? She needed money badly.:banana:

WOW....nationwide scam haha

I always see this ST popping up on the Denver craigslist...i hope nobody actually falls for the scam though

Latest posts