Cracked vacuum hose elbow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bosin

Reaction score
I have had a slight drop in performance. I was thinking it could be that my great Governor thought it would be wise to add ethanol to our gas which has been known to reduce mileage and performance but then the check engine light came on today.

After years of being on this site I knew all to well about the "elbow" vacuum hose issue. Certainly there it was, I could put my finger on it and the idle changed immediately. Unfortunately Ford had to sell me the entire assembly for $37 but it was an easy fix. This is what is great about this forum. Had I not been aware to this I would have had someone scan the computer and then someone would have told me I need a sensor of some kind, then I would have to pay labor for possibly the wrong part.

On the down side I have not been visiting near as much as I used to because it has become too much a political forum more than an enthusiast forum. Now I'm very political (I'm holding an elected office) so don't get me wrong but I like to get away from it, cars, trucks and my Sport Track is my diversion. There are several forums for political discussion and I have been very busy blogging this year for my choice of candidates but I pretty much like everyone here and I hate it when we get all worked up over politics when really, I just want to fix my truck and have fun.

Another good forum that is very young is www.virtualford.org check it out sometime, they have state chapters. The Oregon Chapter is very active. We were on Ford Truck World but that place was not operational for almost a month and it pissed off a lot of folks so they moved to Virtual Ford.

I agree with you on the overkill in politically related posts. Lately, all you ever see is posts on politics and the economy....getting pretty stale.

After all this is The SPORT TRAC Website intended to "promote information sharing and enjoyment of the Ford Explorer Sport Trac".

People can post what they want, but sometimes I feel it distracts us from the real reason that brings us together in the first place. Oh well, it is what it is:rolleyes:

Greg,

I agree that things get too argumentative on here some, & not just over politics. You could tell it to ignore "Off Topic" issues, under prefrences.. Might do away with 90% of the politics.

Dave

Latest posts