Correctly Installed Parking Brake Spring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Jorczyk

Reaction score
Had to replace a missing parking brake spring on the driver side rear brakes. The old one was missing and Fordparts.com diagram looks slightly different. You will notice in the picture the other brake line now is up against a frame bracket about 2" from the plastic piece with no protection from rubbings.

is this installed correctly and is the plastic piece holding the two lines together in the correct spot?

Thanks for the help

Greg

2003 Sporttrac XLT

[Broken External Image]:

My '04 never had that spring. My cable doesnt drag or rub on anything.

Im not were I can pull my manuals right now.

Hook on the other cable, diagram in your previous post. Click part for larger pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it, change spring to other cable. Also is there suppose to be a clip with spring that gives the spring a bend like in the Fordparts.com com picture or does it go straight from the cable to the hole the spring goes into. Almost looks like there is a clip in the Fordparts.com picture to give it a bend

Thanks again

Greg 2003 Sporttrac XLT

No clip in parts listing. Mine was secured by the spring tension. I removed the P/B cable spring when I lowered the rear 3". :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts