Cop Cars on TopGear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
Anybody watch this episode? The show itself started off pretty poorly, IMO, especially in comparison the British counterpart but I gotta say its getting better. This episode is pretty dang good. They start off with a great display of the Crown Vics chasing the Stig in an Odyssey. Then, they compare the new Taurus, Caprice and Dodge's "Also Ran."

Shoot, I haven't seen that yet, I didn't realize that American Top Gear had started back up already. I know it's "blasphemy" but I prefer the US version to the British version. There's something about the US hosts "horsing around" that gives the show something that the more sedate UK one lacks IMO, and the UK one lacks Tanner, a Ford racing team member whose mission in life is to showcase his driving prowess in every wheeled vehicle known to man.

(Plus, in the US one, when they interact with celebrities I at least have some idea as to who they are)

That Interceptor is a beast. I'd take that over a regular Mustang GT any day.

Indeed. Very impressive. Didn't think the vette stood a chance.

Thats awesome that they talk about the Z06 that Wake County PD seized in a drug bust and now use as an undercover patrol car because when I was in college that car used to sit about a mile from my house waiting to chase people down interstate 40. I came very need to getting pulled by it a couple times.

That was definitely cool. Was it just me, or did the Chevy look like it could have been a rebadged Acura? The shape really reminded me of some other (non Chevy) car. The car didn't look particularly impressive.

I'm glad to see Tanner doing the driving challenges. While there's no way that the other 2 guys could have done that, even if they could, I think they lost the privilege to partake in these challenges after they lost in their Hybrid Car to the 2 bicyclists a while back.

Which reminds me, only Tanner did a Rockford turn, everyone else just backed up normally. Lame.

I wonder how well the Charger handled. While it isn't a true comparison, I had a rental one (that was supposedly a "Sport and Track" model) and the handling on it sucked.

Seeing that Interceptor really makes me wish that Ford had come out with the EcoBoost AWD Fusion for the 2012 model year, so I could have had it.

Latest posts