Consensus on shocks for lifted ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J C

Reaction score
I have researched past threads on this topic and there did not seem to be a definitive answer. Can anyone say with certainty if longer shocks are needed for a 2003 2WD with 3" lift spindles/TT/4"rear springs/shackle lift.?

If lifting more than 2", I would say you would have to get raised shocks. I mean, it would only make sense too. B/c if not, may over extend the shock.

For the lift you're describing, stock length would be fine for the front but you'll need longer ones in the rear.

Spindles don't affect the front shock length and a TT is okay with the stockers.

I'm using Pro Comp ES9000's on all four corners of my truck. The fronts are basic replacements, but the rears are extended length shocks. I had regular height ES9000s in the rear with just the shackles and body lift, but went with the longer shocks in the rear when I added the spindle and leaf springs because it looked like I was going to have issues with the rear shocks topping out. And that's with the 2 1/2" leaf springs. With the 4", I would go with longer shocks just to be safe. Just my opinion, though...

Latest posts