conflicker worm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason vocaty

Reaction score
Any one know anything about this? Its supposed to strike on April fools day. Sounds like a anti virus software company is looking for more business. Any one infected or know anything about it? how can i block it if it is real and I'm infected?

JD, that tool only removes malware and spyware. This is a worm or trojan. Non are sure what the payload will be. Estimated 800k computers in the US are infected and 3 million in the world. If you had the october windows updates, you should be safe. I forget the KB#. I can look for it if you need.

Eddie click the link on the page that says see complete list and you will find that conflicter is on there. Call it whatever you want worm, virus, malware, it's all malicious software and many tools will remove all variants..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm still leaving my home 'puters off today. I am using my work computer since they have good tach support......

have a good one

bob

Bob, it does not matter if your computer is off or not. The virus would be on your system dormante waiting for the April 1st date to activate. So if you turn it off for the day all is good, but when you turn it on if you have it, it activates. Best just to do the updates and get a good Malware program.

I'm reminded once again why I bought my Mac just over a year ago. . .

On the news this morning they mentioned that it would be apparent that you have been infected at midnight tonight.

They also stated that the virus prevents you from visiting virus protection sites like McAfee & Symantec, so if you are unable to visit these sites today, then you're most likely infected.

Yup, it's been nine "short" years since Y2K, aka- the "millennium virus". How many of you bought a "miracle fix" that would prevent a global meltdown? Glad to say, not me. The only precaution I took was "setting" my computer time to another "year". Must have worked. Circa 2009, everything's

"green". 2019 should be interesting. Psst.. between you and me, wanna buy some software? Cheap.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya'll believe what you want..

I think my computer has it...everytime I start my computer it comes to this site..

That never happened before...til I clicked on one of Dingo's links...:D