Computer speaker suggestions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
I am building a new desktop computer to replace this old one. I am pretty pumped because it is the first I have ever built myself...with some help from some friends lol. I was just looking for some suggestions about what you guys have for speakers. I don't need 5.1 surround because I wont be watching movies but I will be using it for a lot of music. I would really like a nice 2.1 if anybody can give me a review of what they are using. Thanks:haveabeer:

I've always had good luck with logitech and creative. But currently either use my monitor built in speakers or if I want "real" sound I have it wired to my HT system :supercool:

Frank- Check out the AudioEngine multimedia speaker line.

Not cheap, but have phenomenal sonics. Two models, check reviews.

I'm an authorized dealer, and can offer ST members a substantial discount.

Shipping from Hawaii may be another issue. USPS Flat Rate?

Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Logitech Z-2300, and it is pretty sweet. 2.1 fyi

The subwoofer alone is worth the price of admission, with bass @ 90% or so, taking the master volume up to about 50% starts shaking stuff off of the shelves.

People in adjoining rooms have started complaining about "That #%&*ing truck idling outside", and I've convinced myself that there has been thunder on cloudy days....and the thing can cause my pants leg to vibrate a foot away from the sub speaker. (All of those anecdotes are with the volume @ under 25%)

Though I must say I only really use them for gaming, hooked to my 360. I've tried them with music, but only from my MP3 player, which needs to have its volume max'd to not sound muffled through the speakers. They work great on game music though....but they are marketed as gaming speakers.

I got mine for almost 66% off, and they're definitely worth it, but again, I didn't get them to blast music.

Edit: Of course now I hear about some sort of Uber-speaker from those in the know, after I make my buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also agree with the Logitech and Creative. My puter came with Polk, but I don't use it. I either use the speakers that are on my 56' LCD TV or use the fun sound on my Kenwood HT system.

Latest posts