Computer networking HELP!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey anyone out there willing to give some advice on networking, I've got

2 Linsys N router/AP

2 Outside AP's that can be set up as : Gateway, Wireless ISP, Or Bridge

I have one Outside AP wired to one of the Linksys the other acess point will be connected 500 yards away to a different building and to the other linksys.

My Q is do I hook up as bridge, gateway or ISP? And which one needs to be the client? I had it kinda working but nothing at location 2 could hook to the router except the one laptop? then I lost internet connection at location 1 this morning. Help

So your wiring diagram looks like this? Just want to get an accurate picture so I can help.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Building 1 router - setup with dhcp on standard router settings

WAP - should be set to bridge mode and connect to WAP in 2

WAP2 - also bridge mode (basicly WAP1/WAP2 work as repeaters)

Building 2 router - turn off dhcp (turns it into a wireless switch basicly)

so router1 is a full fledged router assigning addresses and traffic to each device behind it. wap spits signal out to wap2 and then router2 splits the signal into multiple destinations all being assigned traffic and ips by router1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok got both AP in bridge mode.... Computer in building 2 can access all Routers, and AP's.

But I have no Internet connectivity. Stats for routers and AP included. AP1 one set to AP.

AP2 Set To Client. AP2 connected to AP1 have a setting to make them act as AP & Client Simultaneous? Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks

Change router 2 in building 2 to obtain ip automatically instead of static ip.

from a computer in building 2 can you ping the router in building 1? (192.168.1.1?)

Latest posts