Computer geek type question - WAY O-T

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal S

Reaction score
As a frequent buyer/seller on ebay, I have always wondered whether it was possible to "see" how many people are viewing a particular page at a given time.

Anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks,

best thing you could do easily is a counter...beyond that, you'd have to put something on the page from a website that tracks the requests for that object in order to see that (not really worth the effort IMO)

yeah, you can only see how many have viewed the page, not currently viewing and that all depends on if the seller put a counter when they listed the auction.

Yes, it's that "currently vewing" that would give an indication as to possible last minute activity.

Yeah, I would love to see that when I'm doing my last second (literally) bidding. Unfortunately, thats just not a feature they have...yet.

It shouldn't matter really. I just "snipe" my highest bid and live with the results.

I agree it would be interesting to see those stats though.

I'm not sure you could have a html stat on how many people are viewing a page. You could have a stat on how many people have viewed the page in the last 5 mins, or 10 mins, or whatever.

But to say how many people are viewing this page at this moment is not possible. Pages work on hits and you can leave a website page open forever on your computer but you only viewed it once.