computer email question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri Reed

Reaction score
Scenario - The content of my email messages (I have an MSN account) is dissapearing from a portion of my emails. At the main Inbox the messages still show but when I go to open the email it is completely blank. Some messages are normal but a good portion is missing the content. :angry:

Any thoughts?

Most likely this is a security setting/function of your email client. It is automatically blocking email content that could allow malicious software to be downloaded to your computer. I for instance have a Yahoo account and a little message pops up saying portions of the email have been blocked for security reasons and to click here if you wish to view these items.

I don't think it's a security issue....Perhaps MSN has a limited time they will store emails and are moved to an archive file? I don't use MSN so I don't know how it works, but Outlook has setting for archiving old emails that you can set...perhaps MSN has a similar archive feature that it defaults to? See if they list an archive folder and that may be where the actual emails content are stored? Or perhaps they are so old that you have exceeded your time limit or storage capacity?

...Rich

Thanks for the input.

Doubt it's the first as I have already received the emails it's just that the content is now missing. Don't know much about archiving so I'll have to check more in-depth into that.

Which brouser are you using, I have had Firefox not show what explorer will.

Ha! Bo's a funny man:grin: Thank you Roger for jumping in even if I am a girl.:haveabeer:

MSN is the browser. It's a Hotmail account that is routed through the Qwest Live connection.

The emails themselves are not dissappearing. It is the content of the email. When logged in it looks like there is not change. But when an email is opened it is totally blank. Even the From, To and Subject are blank.

The weird thing is this.......Not all of the emails are effected. It's sparatic and it's only effecting those that I have pulled off the Hotmail server and putting in folders on my computer.

Would a virus be sparatic or delete everything? And could it delete the content of the email without deleting the whole email?

Sorry for bringing this up again but there is a lot of legal documents that need to be recovered.

Maybe the notes were written in disappearing ink. Did you try sprinkling lemon juice on your screen?

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Teri,

If you have another Email address, try this (and if you don't, get one, maybe a gmail account).

Forward a sample of an Email that you don't see the text, to the other address and see if the missing data gets forwarded. If the data is still missing, I feel the data may be permanently lost.

Latest posts