Compass/Thermometer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zudnick

Reaction score
Hello,

I have done a search, and found that I'm not the only one that has this problem, but I can't really find a detailed fix for the issue...

I have an '04 XLT with the moonroof, and my compass and temperature display in the overhead console doesn't always work right. It appears to be a loose connection, because it will work some of the time, and when it's not working properly, if you give it a good tap it will usually come back on -- at least for a little while.

If you have step by step instuctions on how to take this unit apart, and what to look for in order to get it fixed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Z

Hey,

Thanks for the post.

I should have been a bit more clear on what I was looking for...

I have no problem getting the whole overhead console unit out -- what I was looking for was more of what to do and what to look for from that point on.

How does the display unit come out of the console? I took a bunch of screws out, but couldn't get the display out of the console... What should I be looking for once I manage to get the display out of the console itself?

That is more what I needed help with.

Thanks,

Z

Latest posts