Compass/Temp Display fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Sharp

Reaction score
My Compass/Temp Display went out a while back and after a bit of research I came across a web site that shows a step by step fix and it actually works.

I know there was some other members who had this problem so here`s the link.

I thought about doing a project for that repair. I did it a couple weeks ago, but forgot my camera when I did the soldering. There is a guy on Ebay selling instructions for that repair. But his description of the tools needed lead me to look into on my own first. Once you open up the unit it very obvious what the problem is. I actually removed the resistor because it failed again. That thing gets VERY HOT!!!

Before you go to all that trouble, try pressing the "Mode" button a few times because your display may have gotten shut off. I discovered mine had gone out and thought it was broken. I drove around for 2 weeks with it out before I just pressed the Mode button, and behold, it came back on. The Mode buddon cycles through about 3 or 4 different settings and one of them is to shut the display off? A simple press of the Mode button restores the display.

...Rich

Hey Terry S , thanks for the post. I went to Radio Shack, got some tools and 30 minutes later....my problem was fixed. I missed my display but didn't know what to do. This was a good DIY project and I'm:) back in business. Thanks again...

Trudat......................:):):)

Latest posts