Comments about SCT X3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard McAlister

Reaction score
I recently added a Zabtek throttle body and tunes by Torrie (via SCT) to my '10 STA 4.6L. After the upgrades, I didn't really notice a big difference in 'seat of the pants' performance or in a rough 0-60 times comparison (as measured by engineering mode digital mph reading), I was a little disappointed. But today I had to take my ST to the dealer for an unrelated matter, so I returned tune to stock. Much difference! - felt like I was dragging an anchor. Couldn't wait to get home to restore the tune (89 performance, mild trans shifting).

Another note - after originally installing Torrie''s tune the ST threw two DTCs: P1000 - "OBD test not completed" and U0100 - "Lost communication with ECM pcm A", when cleared they immediately returned. I didn't get a CEL or any indication of a problem. When returned to stock tune the DTCs went away, but came back when I reloaded the tune today.

Anyone else experience this? Any cause to worry?

:driving:

The P1000 is a Ford thing, every time you clear the codes or reset the computer that code comes up. As soon as all of the emission monitors run and pass that code will go away by itself, it does not turn on the check engine light. The U code is simply a communication code between modules, it's nothing to worry about. Every time I reprogram a Ford U codes always occur. U codes also do not cause the check engine light to come on.

Richard,

Some of us have found out, when returning to stock. It seems to help removing the neg battery cable a few minutes. After disconecting the xcal.

This has happened mostly on the 4.0L gen1. Might help the gen2, 4.0L and 4.6L also.

I know what you mean rmcalis. I ran 93 performance for a couple months, but needed to go back to stock so I could do a software update on the SCT3. Drove around just to see the difference; ST drove like a minivan. I'm now on 87 towing because I've had to haul the boat around. It's a lot better than stock, but it's no P93.:driving:

Latest posts