Colorado Springs shout out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri Reed

Reaction score
Looking for some help from a Colorado Springs member. I have a slight transmission fluid leak and don't know of a good place to take the truck.

Not sure where it's leaking from as it seems to have been happening for about two weeks and there's a lot of greasy area under the hood. It seems to be coming down one of the hoses and finally dropping into the metal cover that is underneath the radiator. Definately not radiator fluid as it has a pinkish tone and is oily in nature. Although the differential has a bunch of oily fluid on it I don't think it is dripping down that way as the drops left on the garage floor come from the pan under the radiator.:smile0016:

Checked the fluids yesterday and all are fine except the transmission fluid is slightly low.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense but mostly I need advice on a reputible (sp) shop to take the truck to so I don't get screwed. I tried my best not to name truck parts "thingy-mah-bobs" but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to vehicle info.:smile0005:

I would appreciate any advice given.

Thanks Fast Eddie '04.

Is it possible to tell me where to look to try and pin-point it? If I have to choose a repair shop blindly then I would at least like to sound somewhat knowledgeable.

Going out now to check through the owners manual. hmph, maybe I'll learn something.

You can see the trans cooler, thru opening in the lower bumper. You might be able to pinpoint it. Look at the hoses conected to it. If you see trans oil on the cooler. most likley it. Unless one of the lines are leaking and spraying it. Try starting the motor so fluid will circulate. Look for a drip or spraying.

Remove the plastic cover below the radiator for a better view. Two bolts (10 mm) on each side and two (8 mm) at the front corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help everybody. Because of other stuff I had to get done today I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check everything out but at least I'm a little smarter now.

Now I know it's called the "lower bumper" and not the curb alert pad. (kidding)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tevil,

CS still a beautiful place? Manitou Springs, Steamboat Springs and Pikes Peak. Been since 1964.

Wow I am easing towards OLD...:smile0001:

Yeah, Terbo it is. Only been here a few months so I haven't got out much and probably won't until I sell my house in Cheyenne. Two house payments are a pain. The most I have done so far is to try different, non-chain, restaurants. I like the suprise when you find the one that suprises you.

Woohoooo... finally another active member from Colorado on this site. Hope you get your ST fixed. Sorry, I couldnt help with the question. Dont know any shop down in Colorado Springs

Latest posts