Color matching to paint cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Barber

Reaction score
im painting my cladding this week and wanted to make sure that i have the right paint. i have a blue 2004. the paint i picked up was Duplicolor T0298 True Blue that i referenced in the catalog at Autozone. judging from the can cap it looks a little dark but i know the cap is not always perfect.

Update: door code is DX which crosses to Blue Pearl but i dont know the Duplicolor #

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick,

Seems you got most of your answer. Get the paint code from the door and find a retailer that has a paint that matches that code. Often you need to use an on-line etailer that will guarantee the match....the duplicolor stock at your local autozone usually is limited.

TJR

Anyone do a write up/ how to on the color matching? I saw the one for painting it black, just curious if there is any difference. TIA.

Ok no luck with any paint shops in town or automotive stores even being able to look up my paint code. no help from the dealership and no help here either. how hard is it to get some ford blue paint?

Nick,

Have you tried calling Eric or Keven at Wall's Ford? I figure since those guys support this site, you'd have better luck talking with them instead of some yoke at any other Ford dealer.

Uh, wtf? If you know your paint code (Which SHOULDN'T be DX), any body shop or automotive paint shop can do it.

Mine as well. Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic. I'm VERY familiar with the color. :)

I've just never seen it on a trac pre-'07.

If it really IS DX, you do NOT want to spray it yourself from a can. The metallics will lay down wrong and look like bunghole.

Latest posts