collision question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freeport,

I would hope just the opposite. I would hope and trust that there are very few on this site that have driven drunk.

I was young once, but that's one thing I never did. Not because I was worried about wrecking my car, or losing my license, but simply because I have always been of a frame of mind that my "good time" shouldn't potentially cost someone else their life.

Yeah, I know, it sounds preachy...but few that drink and drive actually think about it that way, or so it seems. Instead, they make excuses and say things like: "I know when I've had too many", and "I know when I am safe to drive", and the all too popular: "It won't happen to me!"

Nope; if planning to have more than a drink an hour, then drive, you have to be of the mindset that on your way home YOU WILL kill someone...no ifs, no butts. Think of it as playing Russian Roulette with a motor vehicle, but instead of putting the gun to your own head, you put it to a stranger's, or worse for you, a loved one's.

Yeah, like I said, it sounds preachy, and I know you don't want to hear it, and I'm really not so much talking to you rather just typing.

But I think too few people who drink then drive think this way. Some are addicted to drinking, but again, that's an excuse. Even those that can't go without drinking can not drive if needed.

Later,

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
It's that one time that you do get caught and your screwed for life!

Have fun trying to get to work. Have fun paying the higher insurance rates. Have fun with a DUI on your record. Even shows up when they do a background check for employment.

And, that one time when you kill someone because your to stupid and drunk to realize you shouldn't be driving a vehicle.

Tell him to say he swerved to miss a deer. Regardless, it might be cheaper to pay for the fence and car repairs out of his own pocket than have higher insurance rates for several years. Best to keep the police and insurance company out of it. When I hit a deer with my son's car at least I had hard :lol: evidence that I did hit a deer.

Not around here. As the suburbs spread out they get into town. Twice last year deer got into the grocery store I use.

I also have never driven after drinking. I think it's stupid, incredibly imature, and completely irresponsible.

As for what your brother should do, well... He really needs to be thankful that he didn't take someone's life, as it is obvious that he was impared enough to not be able to control himself. He definately needs to pay for the damages he caused. If he is not man enough to own up to them personally, then i agree with a previous poster that said to mail some money anonymously.

Tell your brother to grow up and be an adult.

I also have never driven after drinking. I think it's stupid, incredibly imature, and completely irresponsible.

Drinking and driving is like anything else, the more you practice the better you get. ;)

It isn't the .10 people getting into wrecks, it's the folks around .18+ .

who really drinks and drives...it's more drinking while intoxicated a DWI

well if we want to be technical

still glad nobody was hurt. and hope it all works out for everyone,

Latest posts