Cold End Links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
I have replaced my oem sway bar end links a few years ago and really like them. Only strange thing is that each winter i have to tighten them up because they start to rattle/knock. I am guessing its that the bushing shrinks in the cold making them loose??

Anthow, what is the torque spec for these. I have read just to the point that the bushing starts to "bulge" but thats not tight enough in the winter.

Thanks for any help.

-Kirk

I believe this is correct.

Install the sway bar end links using a socket wrench. Tighten the end link nuts to 15 ft.-lbs. with a torque wrench.

If you switch to polyurethane bushings you don't have to worry about them shrinking and expanding, I've been using the bushing set they have at Advanced Auto for about two years now with no issues with them.

No they're soft rubber, I replaced the stickers with moogs and the washerscut them to pieces in about six months. I replaced the bushings and washers with the poly's from the energy suspension kit with the moog rods. :banana:

Latest posts