Code P0430

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Brown

Reaction score
My CEL came on today and read the codes. I got the code P0430. I believe of what I can understand what I read that it might be my o2 sensor. Possibly bank 2 rear. Any ideas on this? Could this be the cause of my rpm's and engine jerking and a squeal from under the hood during acceleration sometimes? All help is greatly appreciated.

Could this be the cause of my rpm's and engine jerking and a squeal from under the hood during acceleration sometimes?

Maybe the rough running, but typically this would cause rough idle when cold. The squeal is more likely the belt.

Thanks for your help. I am going to start with the o2 sensor. Do you know if bank 2 is the drivers side or passenger side. I know that downstream is after the cat.

Quite simply, Bank 1 refers to the side of the engine that has the #1 cylinder. Bank 2 is the opposite side of the engine.

It's not correct to simply state that driver's side is always cylinder #1 or vice versa. Even on cars with a transverse mounted engine, bank #1 is referring to downstream from the side of the engine with cylinder #1.

Bank 2 is driver side.

3 | 6

2 | 5 Driver

1 | 4

Front

As Yardsale says, Bank 2 is driver's side. Are any other codes present besides P0430?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts